Sunday 21 April 2013

Snapped from the Bird Blind...


 
 
 
...okay so it's not really a bird blind (or hide) but rather the dilapidated hot tub gazebo we inherited with the house...
 

 
 
...we're torn between knocking it down or restoring it.  The skylight blew off last winter and I've run into it a few times with the lawn mower but it's still here.  There is a great view of the bird feeder from hot tub inside and the other day I decided to take the camera with me when I plunged in...
 
 
...this little woodpecker showed up before long.  These guys are at the feeder several times throughout the day and they are one of my favourites.  Then I was amazed at my luck when...
 

...his bigger cousin showed up.  These guys are shy and don't stay at the feeder for long so they're hard to get good pictures of; isn't he amazing?  I wasn't delighted to see all the visitors this day...
 
 
...I hope none of the neighbours saw me run out of my "blind" dripping wet wrapped in a towel chasing a squirrel across the garden.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment