Sunday 23 February 2014

Waiting for spring continued...

 
 
 
We have been truly blessed and our weather has been rather mild this winter.
 
  I was planning to experiment in the veggie plot; I read this article about burying household compost this month and then planting peas on top..  The theory is that the decomposing compost will heat the soil and give you a head start on early spring crops. 
 
 
 
And then we woke up to this today....
 
 
...and it hasn't stopped snowing all day.  It actually turned out to be a lovely lazy Sunday day.  We took the dogs for a long walk...
 
 
 
 
....the horses didn't venture out of their shelters all day....
 
 
 
 
...and we build a fire and stayed indoors and had a nice leisurely Sunday afternoon...still waiting for spring.


 

6 comments:

  1. Oh no! The sun came out here this morning, just long enough to tease. As soon as I went looking for my gardening boots the rain came back down.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Snowing again today - I, like you, will just stay indoors and read my gardening books and plan.

      Delete
  2. We've had SO little snow this year. The other five winters we've been completely snowed in. Raining today.......sigh.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is actually the only real snowfall we've had this year.

      Delete
  3. Wow !!! absolutely fantastic blog. I am very glad to have such useful information.

    หนังออนไลน์

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow! amazing photography! I like your photography blog. You did wonderful job!

    ReplyDelete